Accidents are very unlikely to happen because the facilities that pose a threat are equipped, operated, checked and modernized according to the security standards.
Despite this comprehensive strategy of accident prevention, one can never exclude the technical or human errors, as well as the natural disasters.
Based on the nature of manufacture in Parallel Ltd. the following scenarios of risk situations and accidents in the activity can be foreseen.
- uncontrolled spills of chemical substances;
- a fire in the warehouses for aging and storage of polyurethane foam – this could possibly happen due to human error and could lead to release of toxic gases in the atmosphere.
The Company periodically conducts updated risk assessment in order to minimize the consequences of such accidents. The following measures are foreseen:
|For the facilities
- Tracking systems of the routes (cameras), the entrances to the buildings and around them;
- Automatic fire alarm systems, firefighting equipment and ventilations systems to remove the smoke and the heat.
|For the operation organization
- Instructions, plans and checklists give instructions on the procedures and the approaches in emergency situations;
- There are systems for alarming and communication with the management of the enterprise and the emergency services;
- Periodical trainings and practical exercises and drills of the emergency response team and the sanitary unit.
|For the emergency groups
- Alarming the emergency groups (emergency response group, sanitary post of the facility) is regulated in the Company Emergency Plan;
- An office with a specialist of Health and Safety at Work and a nurse are available to provide help in case of emergency and disaster
|Measures to eliminate the consequences of accidents
- All measures are guided by internal and external emergency response groups, by responsible representatives of the Company and by the competent authorities;
- Details are given in the Company Emergency Plan;
- The Company alarm system;
- A system for notification and information (for the competent authorities, within the Company, for the media and the public).
- An agreement between Municipality of Sevlievo (Regional Service of Fire Safety and Population Protection, Regional Police Department, Multiprofile Hospital for Active Treatment) and Paralel EAD on the interaction in emergency situations.
For the fast overcoming of emergency situations is particularly important all actions to be dine coherently given the seriousness of the background. This is guaranteed by the close cooperation between all competent authorities mentioned in the Emergency Plan.